Zoom!® Whitening System
The Zoom!® Chairside Whitening System (Zoom!®) is a fast, safe, and effective way to get the get the pearly white teeth you really want. Zoom!® is a powerful option for cosmetic dentistry, and it combines the latest in dental technology with reliable and proven whitening formulas.
At The Danna Smile we provide this in-office treatment so you can get satisfying results in a comfortable, quick, and painless treatment.
Zoom!® has many advantages over other treatments, including:
- All of your teeth can be treated simultaneously
- You can remove stains on crowns, veneers, and other restorations
- You can get results faster (almost immediately)
- The results last longer
- Professional application makes it completely safe
- Reduced sensitivity
Before you get started with any cosmetic treatment, Dr. Danna or Dr. Barnett will work closely with you to determine your goals and make the best recommendations for getting brighter, whiter teeth.
How Does Zoom!® Work?
The active ingredient in the Zoom!® gel is a hydrogen peroxide component (35%). When this is applied to the dentin and enamel of the teeth, the peroxide will break down into tiny oxygen bubbles which then work to eliminate yellowing and other stains.
After the gel has been applied, we use a special light to activate it and speed the whitening process. The light is safe to use and has been designed to minimize sensitivity. This way the internal components of the teeth remain untouched and completely healthy during and after the treatment.
The procedure is simple. We’ll begin with a deep cleaning to make sure your teeth are free of any plaque and other debris. You’ll then be asked to wear some protective eyewear while we use the special halide light, and we’ll make sure that there are splashguards in place to protect your clothing from the bleaching agent. Once everything is in place, we will:
- Place the cheek retractors to expose the entire surface of the teeth
- Make sure the gums are properly covered to reduce sensitivity
- Apply the whitening gel
- Use the halide light to activate the gel (we can do this on all the teeth simultaneously)
- Remove the gel after 15 minutes and you will rinse your mouth
- Give it another gel application for 15 more minutes
- This application will also be removed and rinsed
- Give you one last application/rinse cycle
Caring for Your New Smile
Even an in-office solution isn’t permanent, and it will require an occasional touchup. However, you can make your new smile last longer by following up with a great at-home dental hygiene routine. We also recommend cleaning your teeth with an anti-sensitivity toothpaste twice a day and the occasional retreatment with Zoom!® Weekender. The more proactive you are about your smile, the longer this treatment will last.
Contact us today to learn more about your teeth whitening options and get the smile you’ve always wanted.